Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Quintuple Threat

     When I am all finished with school, I will be a quintuple threat.  I will have a major in Elementary Education with a focus in english, allowing me to teach kindergarten thru 5th grade, all subjects and 6th grade thru 8th grade, english only.  I will have a minor in special education, allowing me to teach special education classes, kindergarten thru 12th grade; I will also have a minor in psychology.  On top of all that, I am going for my autism certification (ASD), bringing me to the crazy quintuple threat status.  Setting high goals for myself will only pay off in the future.  Having all these qualifications will only make me that much more credible when applying for a job.
     The reason I chose a minor in psychology, is because psych and special education go hand-in-hand. Being able to understand how a child's mind works, will help you to create programs and lessons that will be easier for your students to understand.  Deciding to go further and receive my autism certification will allow me to understand and teach autistic children better than just a regular special education teacher.  Also, autistic children are probably the hardest area of special education to understand and teach.  I babysit an autistic child and they are hard to understand just like non autistic children, but they are on a whole other level of understanding.  Having this special training with autistic children will make it that much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment